SaltCritters.com

SO I bought a purple stylo...

rough eye

the stem for the plug was too long and thick for the frag to be mounted where I wanted it, so after dipping and trying to place it I grabbed a couple pair of pliers to break the stem off. The plug shattered, the frag went flying, across or over the desk and landed on the floor behind the desk. While uttering many expletives i quickly retrieved it, gave it a quick rinse, and glued it in place. Had some scuffs on it. Hopefully it will be ok. 

I guess my careful and delicate handling of frags is not as necessary as I had thought. 

Side note: strangely the frag looked blue under LFS lights, but definitely purple in my tank. But maybe it's just a polyp extension thing and will have a little different color once it get settled in.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Frags are always hitting the floor at my house. They are pretty resilient. And it alway happens that when your trying to clip off that one little teeny tiny branch the whole coral basically disintegrates into 30 pieces 

• Like 2

I've flung some zoas across my workspace. Sometimes I snip the base off the frag plug and the frag part of it goes flying. They seem fine with it. If corals couldn't put up with being knocked around, they'd have gone extinct shortly after hermit crabs were invented.

• Haha 5

Mine would land on the kitchen counter, kitchen sink, floor, cat food bowl...good thing I don't do this in the bathroom otherwise I would've lost frags in the toilet🙄. Same goes for fish. I spooked my nemo when I used its host (aka the Magfloat) and it landed on the floor. Poor thing was covered in dust and cat hair but was totally fine😂

• Like 1