Innovative Marine Aquariums

Laj's Rimless 1 Gallon

YaBoiLaj

Well, it's been a while but I'm glad to be back 🙂 Used to be on the forums as @ThePaontedFrogfish when I had three active systems. Since then I've moved states and had to break all my tanks down, but now that I'm settled it's time to get started cuz the reef itch was getting worse and worse by the day.

Goals

I've always been really into the small oddball inverts, over my hobbyist career I've housed a purple spot mantis, a few periclimenes brevicarpalis anemone shrimp, boxer crabs and similar inverts. Since these animals are so small (minus the mantis lol) I immediately knew the aqueon 1 gallon cube was perfect and ran to petco to pick one up. The plan is a simple bare bottom tank with a few select coral pieces along with three small species of anemone shrimp or other symbiotic invert/s.

Hardware

Thanks to amazon prime this should all be here by Monday at the latest 🙂

Tank : Aqueon 1 gallon frameless 

Lighting : Lominie LED Nano Asta 20 

Heating : Aqueon mini 10 watt heater coupled with a little clip on fan to help vent heat... it gets hot in AZ

Filtration : EA Performance HOB (Can't seem to find the azoo mignon anymore 😕)

Media: Good ol filter floss and black sponge along with some chemipure

Possibility : I have had some amazing results utilizing chaeto, if needed which I doubt I will, but if I do, I may use a chaeto reactor which I still have from years ago lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chowder's Reef said:

I'm always down for a tiny tank build. A few Pederson's cleaner shrimp would be fun if you could find some.

seems like most places that have them are currently out of stock, other than a venus anemone shrimp, I'm willing to weigh out a bunch of different species, a pedersons is absolutely on that list along with a urocaridella species as well

• Like 1