ReefCleaners.org

Stocking for 55 gallon

Hud

I am getting a 55 gallon tank in 2 months and I was wondering if this is a good stocking list and if you have any suggestions 

some type of small tang I would get a small one and only keep it for a couple years and then  sell it or give it back to my lfs 

a dwarf angel 

Midas blenny

pair of clownfish

2 or 3 wrasse

Any suggestions 

M. Tournesol

2 or 3 wrasses?  Is this possible in a 55 gallons? If yes, you should look at the compatibility between species.
Your stocking has at max 8 and min 7 fishes. It's a lot for a 55 gallon. The only tang that could "fit" in 50 gallons long (70 gallons long would be better) is the bristletooth tang. You should just forget about adding a tang.

Well i am going to be moving in 2 years or 3 and when I move I can take them back to my lfs or sell them and I would get a small tang that is is only 2 or 3 inches if i see that it gets to big or stressed I will give it back

M. Tournesol

I don't know, I am pretty new to the hobby.

Dwarf angel, Midas blenny, and pair of clownfish shouldn't pose a problem. 2-3 wrasses and the tang are bugging me. Wrasses can be aggressive towards other fish and wrasse in a smaller aquarium. A Tang could also become aggressive in a smaller aquarium (even a bristletooth tang as 70 gallons is the real minimum tank size for them).
you could go for :

• Dwarf angel, 
  • Midas blenny, 
  • pair of clownfish
  • a wrasses

if you want another fish, you could go for a goby or a chromic. A alpheus bellulus(tiger pistol shrimp) with a yellow watchman goby (or a pair) is always a fun addition but require a sand bed.

• Thanks 1

I have another quarts ion if you don’t mind I have a 20 long tank already but I wanted to get a qt tank of 30 gallons if I got a 70 gal for a tang would  a 30 be good to quarentine it in it would be a small one by the way if not would a 30 gallon qt be good to quarantine the rest of the fish I wanted

M. Tournesol
1 hour ago, Hud said:

Bengali cardinal

I forgot cardinal fish 😑. Attention, no more than 2 cardinalfish. If not in pair they will kill each other. 
you could also look at filefish 😉 (aiptaisia eater).

1 hour ago, Hud said:

if I got a 70 gal for a tang

Good 👍. Don't forget, only one bristletooth tang(I love them 😍) in a 70 gallon long but you can keep it for all its life (5+ years). 

For your QT, I am not sure at 100%. Some say 20 gallons min others say 40 gallons min. But we need to consider that you will be QTing a bristletooth tang and not a Sailfin Tang. 30 gallons should be perfect. You could even go with a 30 gallons plastic tube.

Edited by M. Tournesol
error in a link

Ok thank you I was looking at bristletooth tangs and and yeah I would stick to female cardinals and if not purple fire fish but other than that a 30 gallon tube you mean tub that you store stuff in  right can it be any tub