Top Shelf Aquatics

wuts happening to my zoos

mik

i cant figure out wuts happening to my zoos in my 1.5 gal pico. a days ago they were fine and happy now half of them wont open and the stalks of the zoos have some green alga near where they open up. All of my mushrooms in the same tank seem perfectly happy. Any ideas wut this alga is doing to them. Oh btw i gave em a fw dip just a bit ago.

specs

ammonia 5

nitrate 0

nitrite 10

6 month old 1.5 gal pico

inhabitants:numerous mushies, small colony of zoos, 3 blue leg hermies,2 narsicurus(sp) snails

thank u in advance

Take the algae off of them. It is pissing them off, that’s why they are not opening. Put them in front of a power head for a few seconds at a time to see if the algae comes off. Also try to get rid of that ammonia and nitrite too. Do a 20% water change. You might want to buy a product that gets rid of ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite (like some kind of de-chlorinator).

ok, first off...you should NEVER have ANY nitrite or ammonia in your tank. the reason things are dying is because you are going through a mini cycle, probably caused by decaying organic matter. take every coral out of the tank and give it a good sniff test...if it smells like ass...it's dead, throw it out. do a large water change as soon as you possibly can...that is, after you find out why your nitrite and ammonia levels are so high. hth...

goodluck!!

Your nitrites and ammonium are probably your problem; especially because of the size of your set up. Try adding a little iodine when you get your parameters leveled out. The iodine seems to help with zoos.

Archived