Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stocking a 20 gallon with 2 clownfish

Just a kid

I had a 10 gallon saltwater tank with 2 clownfish for about 2 years and I finally upgraded their tank to a 20 gallon with plenty of live rock and sand. I added them in Monday and they have been thriving! Im going to be adding another fish sometime next week and I was wondering what fish you would put in there. I’m looking for fish that will be active or out in the open.

in the 20 gallon I have the following:

2 Occelaris Clwonfish female (3”) male (2”)

1 peppermint shrimp

2 margarita turbo snails

2 Nassarius snails

2 banded trochus snails 

6 red leg hermit crabs

Any reply is greatly appreciated

• Like 1

I have a similar setup and got a tailspot blenny. Gets along with the clowns and after he hid for a week now he perches all over. He also nips at algae and has a cool personality. Definitely recommend.

• Like 1

I love my clown goby.

I have a FOWLR so can have more fish so along with the two clowns, I have the clown goby, a firefish and a rainford goby. 

The firefish hides.

On 8/7/2021 at 4:06 PM, MSunkin23 said:

I have a similar setup and got a tailspot blenny. Gets along with the clowns and after he hid for a week now he perches all over. He also nips at algae and has a cool personality. Definitely recommend.

I have to agree, after experiencing a Tail Spot Blenny (I actually have 2, but I provide lots of hiding places), I can’t imagine having a tank without at least one.  Right now, I have Nemo, Goby (YWG), and the TSBs.  They each add their own unique character and personality to the tank.

• Like 2