Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Small Rose BTA for sale/S.F., Bay Area

crazyreefer

I have a small Rose BTA for sale. It's about 2" in diameter, deep rich red in color, bubble tips and very healthy. $90 local pickup. Drop me an email with a "CALL BACK #" if you are interested. I will not respond to any emails without a contact #. NOTE: the color of the rose has a deeper/darker/richer red color then shown in the pic

smallrose.jpg

sorry man, thats a bit too pricy...not to ruin your sale or anything..

i mean, those things sell for about 199 at aquarium concepts...

but you can get lucky to find it at 6th avenue for 20 to 30 bucks. ;) ...

try reefcentral.com....since its not nano-reef safe...you might get better offers over there...

Yup....I've never seen Roses at 6th ave either but if you can find one for $20-$30 and in good health (I highly doubt that if it's at 6th ave) then that would be a killer deal. If you notice, all and any anemone they sell there have "gapping" mouths....they are doomed for death before you even get them home. I actually saw a very nice "Blue" carpet there this past weekend but ofcourse the mouth was gapping. The only LFS's that I know of that even sell Rose's are Aquarium Concept and Tropical Paradise. I saw one the other day at TP that was smaller then mine selling for $150 (the tentacles extended was only 1/2" and it was the size of a $.50 piece) and even more at AC. I pesonally think that anything over $150 would be paying too much unless it's a really big one. I used to think that even $100 was too much until I finally shelled out the cash and got one.....I love it!!! They have an awesome color and is truly a nice addition to any tank. Thanks for the info on ReefCentral...I have already posted over there and sold 2 large ones.

i agree with crazy on this one, they are WHOLESALING the rse out at the dealers for $50-$80 each depending on size, and when it gets to the stores, they normally mark up 100% on their livestocks and that is very common. But i do believe, being a hobbist, to help or get someone else to take your livestock you should never charge the same pice as retail because the main purpose is not in business, but to help other fellow reefers out or to get rid of your extra things. I am sure youw ill be happy keeping 2 beautiful rose in your tank crazy but there has to be a reason why you are selling him. I bought my rose that was 8" across, deep fire red color, the mother of several cones this year for $80 cash...that is because its the mother colony, but normally, i would think $50-$60 would be a good range for a small Rose, 4" or below would be a good price..and if you are selling $70 or above, it better be some damn good quality or coloring, I recently bought a rose that is 4" for my parents (they paid for it) for $95, the reason why is that this guys is BRIHT HOT PINK (not dyed), with huge bubble tip (it swells up like a ballon) and its a captive clone...but other ones, i would never pay that much for it.

I like the orange that is in your clone there crazy, if you ever consider lowering your cost, i will take it from you...I have a Male Rose, and a pair of green BTA in my tank, if your is a female, let me know..thanks

Archived