Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Johnny's Waterbox Peninsula 15G

johnnyvega252

Actually that store is notoriously good at what they do. They have excellent reviews and in the past they have always helped me. The fish they got for me were special ordered so that might be the issue. I actually did end up getting another clown and have started a quarantine tank. I will be doing a 8 week quarantine on both clowns. 

I have begun treating internal parasites and bacteria. With the Focus, Metro, and Kanaplex, in food method.

I will also dose PraziPro for 3 weeks.

then begin a 60 day copper treatment with cupramine 

I believe I am left with a snowflake true percula and a gladiator oscellaris. (Could be wrong) 

61B9E260-0691-41CF-B237-2A9B24FE8194.jpeg

BA3B68E1-B5A6-4FD5-AD02-9EDC5FB490E3.jpeg

8A008CD9-C1CE-4821-8AAC-27E24C4AFD30.jpeg

5B07CDE2-3A01-4467-9F43-936D58EC17A3.jpeg

FEBC684D-70F9-4D57-B322-7025F7A6D146.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
johnnyvega252

Hello Everyone!

A little update on everything happening up until now. I have been extremely busy with school... Accounting is a very hard subject lol! I have officially entered the ugly phase. I had diatoms for about a week or so and then suddenly it all disappeared and everything was replaced by this neon crap that is all over my rocks. Unfortunately you can really tell where my rocks have been glued as the super glue and sand didn't quite match up in some areas. Also the skunk shrimp and all other invertebrates seem to be living their best life. 

My clowns have officially been eating like pigs lately but they hate everything that isnt pellet food. -__- I have purchased over six different frozen foods, and live brine shrimp.... and nothing seems appetizing besides pellets. 

I went ahead and added a bottle of Poseidon's Feast from algae barn and my backwall and tank is now covered in pods! So that is kind of cool to see. I also tried adding a bottle of purple helix coralline algae. (not expecting it to work) pretty much got it for free with their labor day sale. I did notice a couple purple dots as pictured bellow!

Clowns are about two weeks into their quarantine and everything seems to be going as planned. BESIDES THE FACT THAT THEY ONLY WANT JUNK FOOD LOL!

fish.jpg

shrimpy.jpg

ugly 1.jpg

ugly reef tank lights off.jpg

I just read your whole thread. First, congrats on the son hope he enjoys your tank and it will become something you do together.  I love your rock work.  Just go slowly and really consider everything you add to the tank.  I am getting ready to restart my 9 gallon tank to get rid of a bunch of ugly zoas that I added to it in a hurry.  Next time I want to only add stuff that I really like.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
johnnyvega252

Hello Everyone!!!

Just wanted to update you guys and let you know that I have started adding coral. Over the weekend I noticed that there were really deep bright purple specks all over my rock. To my surprise it is purple coralline algae! The purple helux stuff from AlgaeBarn does work!!! Its covering all of my rock like someone sprinkled salt on it! Now that I have corraline algae I went ahead and decided to add some coral frags. I bought some coral dip and glue from premium aquatics. I went to a local LFS and got three frags! 

I got a Montipora Capricornus (This is my favorite coral of all time dont ask me why lol?) 

GSP for my wife 

and some Red Devil Palys or Zoas not too sure... 

Here are some picks these are from today (Ai is in acclimation mode 50%)

NOTE & QUESTION!

I really want to add a toxic birdsnest, an ora purple birdsnest, and a stylophora, on top how hard would you think those are to keep? Also want some Acan lords lol! 

OH PS the clowns are doing great and will be moving into this tank in about two weeks!!!

coral2.jpg

coral3.jpg

coral.jpg

coral4.jpg

coral5.jpg

• 2 months later...
johnnyvega252

So this has been a while but here is some updates on my tank. I have seen some success and some fallbacks that are a headache! I currently am battling two things in my aquarium... 

Hair algae has overtaken my Zoa Garden. Also my montiporas were being eaten alive by nudibranch, as you can tell by my plate coral 😕. I am looking to add a six-line wrasse in the near future to try and combat the nudibranchs since picking them off doesn't seem to help that much. The green hair algae comes from several crickets jumping into the ATO reservoir. I didn't realize there were three rotting crickets in my ATO 😡 and providing nutrients to hair algae. Coraline has began to speck on my Nero 3 and on some of the glass. I also added a new Ecotech Marine Radion xr15 Blue Gen V to upgrade my AI prime. 

IMG_5241.thumb.jpeg.b63d6ab19b5cd630e1484f78fe96d2af.jpeg

IMG_5244.jpeg

IMG_5250.jpeg

IMG_5243.jpeg

IMG_5249.jpeg

IMG_5248.jpeg

IMG_5242.jpeg

IMG_5247.jpeg

IMG_5245.jpeg

IMG_5246.jpeg

• Like 1