Coral Vue Hydros

Final 1-2 fish for 20g

Dach

I am looking to stock my 20 gallon and am open to suggestions. I currently have a Helfrichi fire fish, cleanup crew and some corals. I am getting a pair of clowns this upcoming week. I want to get 1-2 more fish, maybe a blenny of some sort and or a dragonet (will wait for copepods to establish before adding).  Does anyone have any suggestions that would work for my tank ie types of blennies or even other suggestions? I have attached a photo as it currently stands. 

DBD994BF-A13B-4915-BEC5-18177764240D.jpeg

Snow_Phoenix

Tailspot blenny (TSB) or Yellow Clown Goby (YCG) would be nice. 

If you want a sand-dweller instead of a percher, you can look into a Yasha or Hi-Fin goby - both species will pair up with pistol shrimp, and their paired interaction is interesting to watch. 

• Like 2

Since you plan on 3 fish so far. I would stick to small fish for the rest. A tail spot blenny or pictus blenny and a small shrimp goby would work nicely. Another option instead of one of those would be a Pygmy wrasse or pink streak. 

Avoid anything that could be a potential bully to the fire fish. They don’t hold up well to bullies. Certain larger blennies sometimes target them in small tanks. 

• Like 3
Snow_Phoenix
55 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Since you plan on 3 fish so far. I would stick to small fish for the rest. A tail spot blenny or pictus blenny and a small shrimp goby would work nicely. Another option instead of one of those would be a Pygmy wrasse or pink streak. 

Avoid anything that could be a potential bully to the fire fish. They don’t hold up well to bullies. Certain larger blennies sometimes target them in small tanks. 

Yesh to the Pictus! 🥰

• Like 2

Thanks all for some great suggestions! TSB was on my list already but you’ve now got me interested in the pictus. i also saw a Red Sea mimic blenny, but i don’t know much about them. 

Also I do love the idea of a high fin Yasha or watchman goby. Considering those or maybe a spotted mandarin, or ruby red dragonet. So many choices this is so difficult!

4 minutes ago, Dach said:

Thanks all for some great suggestions! TSB was on my list already but you’ve now got me interested in the pictus. i also saw a Red Sea mimic blenny, but i don’t know much about them. 

Also I do love the idea of a high fin Yasha or watchman goby. Considering those or maybe a spotted mandarin, or ruby red dragonet. So many choices this is so difficult!

I haven't seen a red sea mimic for sale in years but the care of all those combtooth blennies will be similar. 

• Like 1