ReefCleaners.org

AI Prime HD over a 13 gallon cube

MrMatt

I had a lighting question, I am running an AI Prime HD over my 13 gallon AIO cube. The light is about 5 inches above the water surface using the schedule in the attached picture. I have several Zoas, GSP, Euphyllia, Favites, Alveopora, Duncan and a Xenia. I was wanting to add a birdsnest and a montipora down the road and was wondering of the lighting schedules seem alright or if it needed to be adjusted in your opinion. I was thinking that maybe my lighting was a bit too intense but I don't have a PAR meter to actually take measurements.

Front6_12.jpg

Schedule.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

You should be fine adding those SPS. I have the Prime over my 10G cube and I run the light at about 50% across the spectrums except for green and red which I keep at 10% for both. I have a couple stylos, and monti digitatas and they do great. I would say keep the birdsnest at the very top though, because they do best with higher PAR numbers. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Zer0 said:

Also, your tank looks great! Jealous of all that corraline! 👍

Thank you, I appreciate that. I love watching the progression of the coralline as it spreads over the back wall!

• Like 2