ReefCleaners.org

MP40 Dry Gasket

jhaber

I Recently acquired an older Ecosmart MP40 from a friend but the thin rubber gasket for the dry side was missing. I contacted Ecotech direct and they no longer stock this. The newer version  says it's not compatible with older models. Someone out there has had to run into this issue already. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Has anyone tried anything else? 

IE: making their own from something?

Screenshot_20210601-160457_Gallery.jpg

fishez4alivin

That's just the rubber spacer that sits between the glass and dryside.  Just get some heat resistant silicone rubber sheet, and cut to size.  I've never used that rubber spacer on my MP10's, MP40's 60, not sure why you would need it.  Are you using your MP40 on a tank with glass thinner than 1/4"?  I always thought that their use was when a tank had thinner glass than the pump was sized for.  So if you wanted to use a MP40 on a 10 gallon that has thin glass, use the spacer. 

I thought about getting some thin foam from the craft store. The wet side has it. But ya I'm planning on putting it in a 10 gallon to simulate a washing machine... Lol.  Jk. But if it was in a 10g all the water would no longer be in the tank and on the floor. 🙃