inTank Media Baskets

Biocube 29 Problems

Sutter

I recently purchased a used biocube 20 in great condition. I have a problem though. If the water level in the tank is not perectly at one height the pump will run itself dry. Like there is still plenty water abover the intake but if it falls even half a gallon the 3rd chamber with pump will run itself dry. 

Welcome to Nano-Reef.com.

With an all-in-one, the water level in the display should pretty much stay the same.  It's the water level in the return chamber that should vary.

You'll have to add water every day to make up for the evaporation.  Automatic top off (ATO) units are popular, as they perform this task for you (especially when you are gone for a few days).

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef

Is the pump right at the top feeding direct into the return nozzle? If so I had the same issue with an aio. Usually coming home to a tank full of microbubbles.. I added a piece of hose between the pump and nozzle so the pump sat about 3 inch below the nozzle. That gives more time to top off

• Like 1