inTank Media Baskets

Short-cycling chiller

Christian Billinglsey

Christian Billinglsey

Hello there, I have been using a aqua euro 1/10hp chillers for just a few months now, and it was working great but the last week the thing has not only got lowder and makes a concerning extremely high pitched noise while it's running from time to time(mostly right when it powers on). But it has started short cycling pretty bad. It used to run for a minimum of half an hour and cool the tank down 2° to the desired temp (as it should) but now it will run for a minute or two and then shut of for a minute or two and keep cycling like this with very little change in water temp, it slowly brings the temp down but obviously only running a minute at a time it will never really get the job done. I'm aware that this is bad for the health of the chiller and have turned it off for the time being but I have no idea what could be causing this or what to do, please help, I would hate to have to replace a brand new chiller.