Coral Vue Hydros

Clownfish too aggressive or normal?

mcashatt01

mcashatt01

I know there's a million posts on this but would love someone to look at this and tell me if it's too much. The little clowns tail fin is starting to look pretty rough and I'm almost positive it's from tail nipping. I've seen him do the sideways submission twitch a few times but the big one just doesn't let up. At lights out I usually do see them together and also when I scare them with a flashlight they seem to bond. Both are getting food but the big one is pretty aggressive during meal time. Everything seems to have gotten worse since adding new corals.

What do you think?

RoyalGramma001
6 minutes ago, mcashatt01 said:

Thanks @RoyalGramma001!

Anyone else? Tonight, they seem to be sleeping in opposite corners. Really starting to think I should separate them.

Pairing doesn't seem to always work out i would try to buy a couple already paired

• Thanks 1
Carnthetiges

Similar size tank and similar situation to me. Sometimes they got on, other times the smaller clown was restricted to the rock work. Ended up having to separate as the larger females.bursts of aggression got worse over time.

• Thanks 1
John Cassara

Clowns are a$$holes...one in a small tank. Multiples are difficult in anything smaller than 75 gal. They may stay in the equivalent area of about 10-15 gal but can fight to the death to defend it!

• Thanks 1
RoyalGramma001

Tell me about it. I had a tomato clown that killed two fish in my 20 gal I. The new 55 she's going on last she's so aggressive I put a Corazon's damsel in before her

• Thanks 1
mcashatt01

Thanks everyone. I'm going to go pickup a breeder box and put the aggressive one in there for a week or so to let the little guy heal. Hopefully it will calm the aggressive one down a bit. Not sure what else to do.