Coral Vue Hydros

Stock for Red Sea reefer 250

Xj reefing

You can fit more, just have to choose wisely. A small black leopard (they seem to reach smaller terminal sizes in captivity vs the others), pink streak, possum, lubbocks are some I can think off the top of my head that are okay in mid sized tanks and are not overly aggressive. 

Xj reefing

I thought about maybe adding a melanurus wrasse but thought it might fight with the yellow coris as they both will be competing for pests. I like the idea of a lubboks wrasse. What order would I add them in? Would it be like carpenter Flasher, lubboks and then yellow coris? Or could I get a yellow coris that my lfs has had for a month now and then wait for a carpenters flasher wrasse and lubboks and put them in a acclimation box?

1 hour ago, Xj reefing said:

I thought about maybe adding a melanurus wrasse but thought it might fight with the yellow coris as they both will be competing for pests. I like the idea of a lubboks wrasse. What order would I add them in? Would it be like carpenter Flasher, lubboks and then yellow coris? Or could I get a yellow coris that my lfs has had for a month now and then wait for a carpenters flasher wrasse and lubboks and put them in a acclimation box?

Only one wrasse in the box at a time. Is it a small juvi coris? Likely ok to add first if it is a tiny one. They are not too aggressive but there are always exceptions. This is where the box will help. 

I would not mix the Melenarus with the Coris in your dimension tank. Melenarus are a bit more naughty then coris generally. 

I would do a flasher before lubbocks.

Xj reefing

Yeah that yellow coris is a small juvi. My lfs is looking for a carpenters flasher right now and they will qt it so would it be better to see if they can qt a flasher and lubboks together?

59 minutes ago, Xj reefing said:

Yeah that yellow coris is a small juvi. My lfs is looking for a carpenters flasher right now and they will qt it so would it be better to see if they can qt a flasher and lubboks together?

Maybe maybe not. Fish don’t always act the same in a QT environment. There generally shouldn’t be much issue with those two. Probably see some flashing behavior which is the idea though! 

Xj reefing

So I could get the yellow coris wrasse then the carpenters and finally the lubboks? How long would I keep each one in a acclimation box for? Then I think my fish list would be done.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Xj reefing said:

So I could get the yellow coris wrasse then the carpenters and finally the lubboks? How long would I keep each one in a acclimation box for? Then I think my fish list would be done.

A few days unless the other fish is acting aggressive. 

• Like 1

Yah I put sand in the box when I do it. It should be ok to get a coris first. There are never any guarantees. My most aggressive wrasse is a China wrasse which is very unusual. Also my Copperband butterfly chases my Tang. Fish are funny. 

• Like 2