Innovative Marine Aquariums

10g Nano in progress

peterluber

In early september, i started my 10 gallon nano reef, my second tank after a 10 gallon freshwater. here are the details as of now.

Fish: 1 Dark Green morph Citron Goby, 1 juvenile ocellaris clown

Live Rock: 10 lb. Fiji live rock (cured it myself)

Clean-up crew: Hermits

Tank: 10 gallon All-Glass

Hood/Lighting: glass hood with MiniMight fixture with 9 watt fluorescent bulb and 9 watt actinic bulb

Live Sand: 20 pounds

Corals: A small colony of star polyps on one rock, in a little bit i will get some shrooms on the other rock

If anybody has any suggestions or comments, i would appreciate it, because i dont want to be shy and screw it up.

thanks in advance

holyherbiness

Just checking

is your tank cycled? probably, but still gotta check haha

I'm unfamiliar with the lights, but if theyre only a few watts of PC, stick to zooanthids and other low light corals

Everything looks alright, but what are your filtration specs, also lighting wattage. This all determines what can be kept in your system. Also water flow is a big issue, you never mentioned any powerheads? The more specs you post the more people can/will help you, also try to get some pics, this helps with suggestions with setup etc...good luck on your tank, this site should help out alot.

~BH20

the mini might ho pc is not alot of light the dual light is 26 watts

but it is enough in a 10g to grow shrooms and polyps you should get a filter that is about 150-200gph turn over if you do not have one already and the citrine type of small goby's are not good with most or all small polyp corals becouse they will try to bite the polps off..... but are very hardy fish if you can get them to eat prepared foods sounds like a solid start

it is always bext to ask questions before you buy and always take things very slowly in the begining

yes, it is cycled, it cycled for over a month and i checked all of the levels. For some reason, my tank, even when it was freshwater, gets a lot of algae, so this weekend I'll get some snails. And yes, I have heard that my goby will nip at soft polyps, but, at least so far, it's left them alone, and because it's a goby, it spends most of it's time perching up on my "cliff" or in my small cave. I got a little $15 piece of star polyps, and today I'm going to move my filter so they get a more direct water flow, and so when i get shrooms on the other rock, they get less. Ove the weekend, I picked up an ocellaris and 5 hermits as well. this weekend i'm going to get some small snails.

• 1 month later...

well, i guess this isnt going very far. just picked up a 90 gallon, so everything in the 10 is getting upgraded. at least it will be the biggest tank my clowns ever seen.

Archived