inTank Media Baskets

Nasty Mean Clown Fish

Crys

I have a clown fish pair, they have been together for almost 3 years.  Yesterday the female started to pick on the male very aggressively.  I distracted here with feeding.  This morning the male was dead.  Is this common?  Now that she is not in a pair will she settle down or will she get more aggressive with my other fish? Before I bought the clown fish I always thought they were cute happy fish but over time I realized they are the nasties fish in my tank.  People often advise not to get a Damsel fish, however my Springer damsel is not nearly as aggressive.  She just smacks creatures that annoy her with her tail.  She never bites and chases anyone.  (not sure if the damsel is a she but we decided she was and named her Iron Betty)

Crystal

growsomething

Clownfish are damsel cousins, too!

I am going to have to get one for my wife and kiddo it looks like.  Not looking forward to it, and hope it leaves my tsb alone.  Lots of caves for the tsb but I want to see it out in the open. 

Sorry to hear about the fish death, it's usually really disappointing. 

rough eye
7 hours ago, growsomething said:

I am going to have to get one for my wife and kiddo it looks like.  Not looking forward to it, and hope it leaves my tsb alone.  Lots of caves for the tsb but I want to see it out in the open. 

tsb don't take no crap from clown.

i don't see why so many people want to pair clowns. sounds like nothing but trouble.