Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cycling a tank with Fritz Turbostart 700

Ana25

I am attempting to do a fishless cycle of a newly set up 29 gallon tank. I put in some ammonia and some fritz turbo start and tested the water the next day. I’m not seeing any ammonia or nitrate but the nitrite seems to be high, at dark purple levels. I put in some turbo start today. In completely new to this, and this is the second day of the process, can everyone tell me if this is normal and what I should do next? Thank you!

The way I was told to do it was dump the whole thing in day 1, ghost feed or dose a little fishless ammonia for the first 3 days, then stop. After that, monitor ammonia over the next 3 days and it should be good to go by a week max

TrashTank

I just used their turbostart 900 on a tank. Took about 5 days start to finish.

Those are just a bunch of nitrifying bacterias, so you have to add an ammonia source. I fed heavily for a couple days and slowly saw ammonia and nitrites and nitrates all build up and taper off. By about the 5th day I was at 0 ammonia and nitrites and like 4-5 on the nitrates. 

banasophia

Hi! Did you use Fritz Turbostart 700? Double check the bottle, I think the 700 may be for freshwater tanks.