Pod Your Reef

Aquatop Recife 24 flow and water level

Cody94

Hello , I'm new to the salt water reef keeping and bought this second hand. I had a concern and question , I upgraded the protein skimmer to their v2 , I've been getting micro bubbles but they have slowed down quite a bit but I reduced the flow on the return pump quite a bit . My main question is what should my water level be ? I'm not seeing alot of flow through the first chamber but it is getting all the way to the media baskets and the last chamber to the return pump. I reduced to the flow on the small return pump because the water returning to the tank seemed to be quite aggressive coming out . The tank has been cycling for about a month now. I have attached some pictures to show the current water level and the first chamber,  I have filter fiber in place of the sponge as thats what I saw recommended on one of the discussions on here , thank you for your time reading this and any suggestions. I'm not sure I have the skimmer dialed in yet

20210424_150713.jpg

20210424_150716.jpg

20210424_150722.jpg

The flow in the back chambers isn't meant to mice fast.

Normally the back chambers are a bit lower than the display tanks water level.

The return chamber should be the only chamber where water level gets low and needs topping up.

Sometimes if there is too much stuff in the back chambers it can raise the water level and slow down the flow

Is the pump turned off in the picture? 

That's what I was worried about there is nothing else in the besides the media baskets and the skimmer , the pump is turned on and I was curious about the water levels because the chamber levels are at the same height as the water level including the return chamber . 

• 6 months later...

Hi guys, I have the aquatop 24G and did some mods to it like, chaeto reactor, vca random flow nozzle, filter floss. I’ve created a discord server for people with aquatop tanks. Please join and share your tank and ideas with the community. 
-Matt

hey join me on Discord! Invite expires in 7 days. https://discord.gg/BdeaHpe5

250917593_929363564642340_665004513555154158_n.jpg

On 4/24/2021 at 12:26 PM, Cody94 said:

Hello , I'm new to the salt water reef keeping and bought this second hand. I had a concern and question , I upgraded the protein skimmer to their v2 , I've been getting micro bubbles but they have slowed down quite a bit but I reduced the flow on the return pump quite a bit . My main question is what should my water level be ? I'm not seeing alot of flow through the first chamber but it is getting all the way to the media baskets and the last chamber to the return pump. I reduced to the flow on the small return pump because the water returning to the tank seemed to be quite aggressive coming out . The tank has been cycling for about a month now. I have attached some pictures to show the current water level and the first chamber,  I have filter fiber in place of the sponge as thats what I saw recommended on one of the discussions on here , thank you for your time reading this and any suggestions. I'm not sure I have the skimmer dialed in yet

20210424_150713.jpg

20210424_150716.jpg

20210424_150722.jpg

lower your water level just a little bit, like 2 cups.