SaltCritters.com

Eheim 1000 is too loud! Please help me!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Any suggestions? On how to quiet this pump? In January I purchased two Eheim 1000 one for me and the other for my brother. Installed them into our 12.5 gallon AIO. Day 1 they were loud but bearable, I read the reviews too late, and got the pumps based on I like Eheim products. Was super mad, to see so many reviews about the loud noise.

Well, almost 2 months later mine is unbearable that I after work picked up the Sicce 1.0 to replace the Eheim 1000 and then use that as a utility pump!

Didn't fit in my chamber, 3.54L of pump exceeds the space I have!

So, I am stuck with the unbearable noise, I will record it on You Tube, if you don't believe me.

Any help will greatly be appreciated, does anyone have a replacement for me to purchase? I have it connected to the 5 watt UV biocube, if you give me a replacement please be below 300 gph and have dims smaller than 3.54 inches.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

What have you tried so far?  

Pic of how it's mounted in the tank, pls?

Take it apart, clean it.  Look for anything suspicious.  Sometimes taking it apart and putting it back together is all it takes.  Sometimes there's a loose part (eg. shaft not fully seated or cracked impeller).

Whatever the case, it's a defect of some kind...possible even the installation itself. (Pic!)

Even junky no-name pumps should be VERY quiet if operating properly.  It's inherent to the type of motor they use (called a reluctance motor).  Check out this article on my blog that talks about them in some interesting detail: “AC and DC Pumps” – Internet Reefer’s Decoder Ring

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
7 hours ago, mcarroll said:

What have you tried so far?  

Pic of how it's mounted in the tank, pls?

Take it apart, clean it.  Look for anything suspicious.  Sometimes taking it apart and putting it back together is all it takes.  Sometimes there's a loose part (eg. shaft not fully seated or cracked impeller).

Whatever the case, it's a defect of some kind...possible even the installation itself. (Pic!)

Even junky no-name pumps should be VERY quiet if operating properly.  It's inherent to the type of motor they use (called a reluctance motor).  Check out this article on my blog that talks about them in some interesting detail: “AC and DC Pumps” – Internet Reefer’s Decoder Ring

Replaced it with Sicce 1.0 dead quiet! 🙂