Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Method for feeding Biota mandarin?

CharlesFoxtrot

CharlesFoxtrot

Well, it's been a while since I last posted here, but I could really use some advice, and this has always been a good place to ask. 

I recently (about 2 days ago now) added a Biota mandarin to my mostly-macroalgae tank. She seems to be making herself at home, and is doing a great job grazing on the rocks and some of the macros. I also have freshly hatched baby brine in a couple of improvised feeders, which she seems to be visiting as well. However, I'm told I also need to start her on prepared foods, so I have some frozen mysis and bloodworms thawing. I have some of the really tiny pellets as well. If there's something else I should try, I'm always open to suggestions. 

The big question is this: how should I go about offering these foods to her? Broadcast feeding, target feeding, pumps on or off, and so forth? I have a standard turkey baster, bulb pipettes, some 12" rigid drinking straws, and a Julian's Thing hanging around the house at the moment, if any of those would be useful tools. Thanks! 

Adding pods regularly as mandarins eat all day long and pod production in the tank won't keep up with the mandarins eating habits.

You will do best spot feeding the mandarin with pumps off and unfortunately this will need to be done multiple times a day.