Pod Your Reef

What is in with my Trumpet Coral

NanoTank84

I need help identifying what is growing with my Trumpet coral.  At first I thought it was part of the Trumpet but it has looked like this for 6 months now so I am thinking this is something else.

Turpet coral.jpg

50 minutes ago, RoyalGramma001 said:

I'd leave it for now

I wouldn't leave it - the palys are going to just be killed in very short order. Palys and zoas are extremely easy to remove - they just peel right off.

If they aren't removed, they will be killed very soon and in the mean time are slowing down growth on that trumpet. I normally just let things play out, but this isn't even a close call.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, NanoTank84 said:

I need help identifying what is growing with my Trumpet coral.  At first I thought it was part of the Trumpet but it has looked like this for 6 months now so I am thinking this is something else.

Turpet coral.jpg

Be careful how you approach removing that paly.. they are extremely toxic to humans if you just hack away at it...

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice! Think I am going to try to give them their own rock.  Will make sure I have gloves and eye protection before I start.

• Like 1