Cultivated Reef

Reef Lighting 60g tall

hippie_gambino

hippie_gambino

Hello,

I am new to reef tanks and I have a 60 gallon tall tank that is quite deep. I am looking for a budget friendly source of lighting that would still grow corals and be powerful enough to reach the bottom. Any suggestions?

14 hours ago, hippie_gambino said:

Hello,

I am new to reef tanks and I have a 60 gallon tall tank that is quite deep. I am looking for a budget friendly source of lighting that would still grow corals and be powerful enough to reach the bottom. Any suggestions?

Lots and lots of people use these lights and love them: Viaparspectra Reef Lights.  For right around 350 you'll be able to grow anything you want in that tank.

hippie_gambino
2 hours ago, Arc Katana said:

Lots and lots of people use these lights and love them: Viaparspectra Reef Lights.  For right around 350 you'll be able to grow anything you want in that tank.

Would you recommend 2x165w? or 1 300w? do you think it is powerful enough to hit the bottom of the tank?

2 hours ago, hippie_gambino said:

Would you recommend 2x165w? or 1 300w? do you think it is powerful enough to hit the bottom of the tank?

I'd go two 165.  The reason being you won't get light spread with just one light.  You'll be able to grow anything but SPS on the bottom of the tank with the 165s, so no worries.  They are a really popular light fixture, because they work, and they are affordable.

hippie_gambino
On 3/17/2021 at 5:47 PM, Arc Katana said:

I'd go two 165.  The reason being you won't get light spread with just one light.  You'll be able to grow anything but SPS on the bottom of the tank with the 165s, so no worries.  They are a really popular light fixture, because they work, and they are affordable.

Thank you!