Coral Vue Hydros

Peppermint shrimp are the BEASTS of the invert world

Reefgirl1983

Reefgirl1983

So, in November 2020 I got a bad case of dinoflagellates in my 13.5 nano. I had a clean up crew and 3 peppermint shrimp and a clownfish, 4 different strands of zoas and GSP. Because of the dinos all my corals were not expanding. I tried everything. My clown died, I got frustrated and said eff it. I was just going to let the tank die off. I haven’t touched it since the end of December except to add top off water only 3 times for the heater cause I didn’t want the house to catch on fire. Yesterday was the first day I’ve even looked into the tank....... and lo and behold, all the shrimp are alive, most of the snails, and even more amazing, the zoas and the gsp are out and even growing!!!!! So today I did a small clean and water change. My hat is tipped to my gang of peppermints who have survived and thrived! Tough little critters they are!the picture is after the clean up. I didn’t wanna do too much at once

65B1FBA2-65BA-4F98-BC20-8196B716F5B0.jpeg

• Like 1
Reefgirl1983

Idk how they survived. The salinity had to be approaching 50 at some points and haven’t put a drop of food in there! I always though inverts were the most susceptible to salinity swings but these guys are Hardy!