Innovative Marine Aquariums

Minimum Tank Size Requirements

Crusher895

Hi everyone, I am kind of a beginner in the Nano reef hobby. I have been looking at fish that I would like to get for my 32 gal Biocube. My 32 gallon biocube has been up and running for over half a year and I have been doing well taking care of it. I have a pair of ocellaris clownfish, a tailspot blenny, torch coral, 2 different types of zoanthids, and a ricordea. I am planning on getting more corals of course and maybe an anemone. I was thinking about getting one or two more fish for my tank and stumbled upon the six line wrasse. I think it looks like an awesome fish that would be great for my tank, the only problem is that some people say it needs a minimum of 55 gallons. I was a little confused though because it only grows to a max size of 3 inches like my blenny and clown fish which minimum tank size requirements are less. I am now on the fence of buying one or not and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

The wrasse can be extremely aggressive and territorial. 

Size has nothing to do with it for many fish. 

The clownfish can be aggressive as well but probably less so than the wrasse. 

If fish are doing great/getting along well now I would not alter the dynamic. You never know what will alter the balance and you could end up with dead fish. 

Hello.. I keep a six line wrasse in the same size tank.. biocube 32  . It seems content  along side an elongated dottyback and a clown fish. Well over a year so far. 

You never know what personality any fish is going to have. A six line does have mixed reviews but in general would probably be a lot more active than the fish you have. You may want to consider a pink stripped instead of the six line.

• Like 1

Well that being said.. I do have a possum wrasse in a 16.. just as nice. Not sure of the pink streaked wrasse, I think it is similar to the six line. The clown can fend for itself with the 6 line.. my opinion.

RoyalGramma001
5 minutes ago, jambon said:

Well that being said.. I do have a possum wrasse in a 16.. just as nice. Not sure of the pink streaked wrasse, I think it is similar to the six line. The clown can fend for itself with the 6 line.. my opinion.

Pink streak? Is that the same as a pink margined Wrasse if so those are considered peaceful on liveaquaria

34 minutes ago, RoyalGramma001 said:

Pink streak? Is that the same as a pink margined Wrasse if so those are considered peaceful on liveaquaria

No, different fish. Pink margin is a fairy wrasse and needs 70g, pink steak is a tiny guy who will do alright in as small as 10 or 15g.

Pink margin looks extremely similar to a six line, except instead of the menacing eyes, its got bug eyes.

RoyalGramma001
1 hour ago, jservedio said:

No, different fish. Pink margin is a fairy wrasse and needs 70g, pink steak is a tiny guy who will do alright in as small as 10 or 15g.

Pink margin looks extremely similar to a six line, except instead of the menacing eyes, its got bug eyes.

Oh my bad mistook the name