Pod Your Reef

Hammer Corals are upset

bpyle

I added a hammer coral frag in my BioCube 32 about 10 days ago.  I temp acclimated for 30 min and then added tank water to the bag every 5 minutes for an addition 30 min after that.  I am running stock LED lights and for the first week it would open fully and look good.  Now it will open up in the morning as my lights are ramping up (blue and then purple LEDs) , but as the lights come on full (White LEDs) it starts to close up.  Which has been happening for a couple days now, so I figured it was getting too much light. I tried shutting the white LEDs off and it closed up even more.  It is places fairly high in my tank, about half way from the bottom to the top, and in moderate water flow.  I'm not sure if it is getting too much light, but it closing even more with out the white LEDs puzzles me.  I did notice that all this started after I started feeding it Reef Roids twice a week.  I don't see any brown goo, or strings coming out of it, all my other corals (buttons, Candy Cain, star polyps, Cabbage, and Zoanthids) are doing great.

Ph- 8.4

Ammonia- 0

Nitrate - 0.25

Phosphate- between 0.25 and 0.5

Salinity - 1.025  

Temp - 80.2 at the moment but most of the time it stays around 78

KH - 11

Calcium - 420          

I will be doing a 5 gal water change in the morning.  I have been going them every other week as instructed on the reef crystals directions.  Here is how they looked before and now

B4CA6252-2B50-4C61-BCC2-66A2FF0E1277.jpeg

C07B2A92-F156-4DCC-A555-0B1316AB7153.jpeg