ReefCleaners.org

Fireworm VS big bristleworm

UpsideDownPumpkin

UpsideDownPumpkin

So I made my peace a while back with my bristleworm population but last night I saw this dude crawling about. It’s much thicker than my usual ones (even ones longer than this one are much skinnier) so I just wanted to check... Good dude or bad dude? 

I’ve got a fire shrimp in the tank and have read about shrimps becoming a target for large fireworms so I don’t really want to take the chance but if its harmless, I’d rather not kill it for no reason. 

It’s pitch black so I took the best photos I could. He’s spending the night in QT in the jug and I might make him a little QT tank while the jury decides his fate. I’ll try and get some good photos in the morning. It’s a litre jug for scale.

914DBD1A-1C20-4DB9-981B-3EADBB9527CF.jpeg

2044731B-AF3B-49F5-BB0A-5A128FD4BC73.jpeg

F7A351AF-C2CC-45EB-A5D7-E217AC51C297.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely horrifying, but so cool. I've had bristleworms get pretty big, even with predators in the same tank. There's a good chance it's a bristleworm. Might be cool to give it a tank where it's more visible.