ReefCleaners.org

Ebay sellers

Tferr9599

Has anyone bought corals from the eBay seller “Reef and Fins”? Just venturing into the world of buying corals online, and curious if anyone had bought from them before and what their experience was? Thanks!

I just placed an order for some basic zoas from hpp1104 off ebay.  Prices seemed pretty cheap and they're supposed to be delivered tomorrow.  If you're not in a rush, shoot me a message after 3/3/2020 and I can let  you know how it went.  Here's what I got and how they were priced - no clue if I got a good deal or not, but they were all MUCH cheaper than I could get locally. 

1.jpg

1 hour ago, TatorTaco said:

I just placed an order for some basic zoas from hpp1104 off ebay.  

I've ordered from this seller a few years ago. Unfortunately, the package was delayed for 5 days and everything arrived dead. One of the corals, a blasto merletti still had some flesh so I put it in my tank. It fully recovered and I still have it today. He gave me a full refund. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. I actually have a bunch of his corals in my eBay shopping cart for when I set up my new tank. 

• Thanks 1

I would look at the seller's Ebay reviews. Are the reviews mostly or entirely positive? If so, are most of the reviews for coral? 

(Theoretically a seller could sell a bunch of equipment, get good reviews, and then sell lousy corals even though they have good reviews.)