Coral Vue Hydros

Biocube 32 DOS with lid

Overbrook

I’m running a BC32 and am committed to the lid. I’ve purchased a DOS and plan to have the lines dosing alk and Ca dispensing into the steam flowing between chamber 1 and 2. I’ll use E6000 to glue some dosing holders to the lid so things are in place and the drips go where I’m planing. I’ve manually dosed into this (admittedly slow) waterfall in the past without catastrophe. I’m sure I’ll have particulate in the filter-floss (in-tank basket) but I normally change it out every 1-2 days (seems to keep nitrate in check). 

Crazy plan? Other good automated dosing strategies for a BC with a lid? Ideally the dosing would be into a higher flow area but a) I can’t see a way to route lines to dispense  into the display without cutting that fence separating the display from the sump and 2) no other area in the sump has much flow, chamber 3 (return and apex probes) is petty sleepy. 

thanks for the thoughts

You can always dilute your dosing reagents with RODI if the drip-concentration causes problems due to too little flow – cut it by 50% and compensate by dosing twice as much volume.