Innovative Marine Aquariums

Check this out - a sand waterfall!

banasophia

Just came across sand waterfalls for the first time and I am awestruck!!! Check out how this guy builds one in a Biocube 29. I wonder if you could keep one in a reef tank? Thinking the pipes might get clogged with snails and bristleworms... what do you guys think? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jungle_v_i_p said:

I think the sand waterfalls are awesome. Idk in a reef. I’d be worried the flow would be too strong but maybe not. Be a really cool tank if ya did lol.

Yeah, might blow the sand around too much... I was thinking maybe it could work in a lower flow soft coral tank.

2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

That would be really cool to try on a reef tank. It’s hard to imagine the sand would stay free flowing forever, but maybe if it never stopped flowing it could work. 

Yeah the guy with the saltwater tank in the second video mentioned making it like an underwater volcano... I think that could look so cool. But he also mentioned a crab getting sucked into it. 

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
19 hours ago, banasophia said:

Yeah the guy with the saltwater tank in the second video mentioned making it like an underwater volcano... I think that could look so cool. But he also mentioned a crab getting sucked into it. 

Haha I can picture it perfectly. Hermit crab quick sand, poor fellas. 😅