ReefCleaners.org

I need a light for my 2.5 gallon

Sharkbaitsreef

Sharkbaitsreef

Hi! This is my first post! I just set up my first reef tank! I work at a fish store and have been working on large reef systems for years and I wanted one for myself. Being in college I have limited room so I set up a pico! So far I have a super cheap led that does about 7000k and it’s been growing leathers and yellow polys for about 3 weeks weeks now. I want to upgrade the light to do some more complex corals but I need suggestions on a cheap led that could do a birds Nest? I have a small pump that does about 70 gallons per hour, 5 pounds of live sand, 2 pounds of live rock, and a 30 percent water change every 2 days. As for stocking there is a pair of panda clown gobies and a blue leg hermit crab with a branching leather coral and a yellow poly. The gobies I have eating Mysis!

AB2B736A-D468-4D8F-BAB5-4E08327646C5.jpeg

40FFCB84-CCA9-4CE6-99D3-4ACE10440CC3.jpeg

growsomething

Is that a leak in the bottom right corner or just evaporated drips?

I'll bet this tank grows a lot with your pet store access/pricing!

Panda goby pics 👍🏼

Sharkbaitsreef

The pump is a plen plax cascade 300! It does about 70 gallons per hour and has space for filter floss and carbon. It was super cheap I got it at one of the local chain grocery stores for 15 dollars. I will try and get pics of the gobies they are super timid and only really feed at night. I’m hoping once I add some pollicipora they will be out more since they host on them. I know a lot of people seem to struggle  with these guys because they are hard to get started with eating but they love small live food ( I used tigger pods). I got them used to eating at the same time each day then after they ate well I started offering frozen cyclops and the frozen reef gumbo until they took that well and now they eat mysis

• Like 1