SaltCritters.com

A 29 update

lgoins

sounds like what i did. A few years ago i picked up some resessing bubble coral. It tripled in size, but then my tank crashed about half a year later. Right now I just saved some blue xenias for $7 from certain death. They were starting to pop off the rock and I put them in my tank. Somehow, one of the xenias that popped off reattached itself in my tank on one of my ornamental red "twig-like" algaes. Its really funny looking seeing him up top there by himself. Ill take a pic soon...

Here's a pic of my clownfish with its pitiful bta. I've tried everything to get it to color up, but I think the water quality has hampered it's improvement. I finally got a protein skimmer and hopefully things will improve. I think you can see some xenia and anthelia polyps in the background.

awesome looking tank. it definitely looks established. if you've got the room, just scrape all that dead coraline off the back and it'll give you a much much cleaner, crisper look :)

Thanks for the responses, I know the camera work isn't very good, but it's the best I can do. I plan on scraping off the dead coraline today actually. It's nice to have on the rocks but is a pain to have on the glass.

i think the coralline algae looks nice like that in the pictures. Almost has a moss effect with the green, but i guess its hard to tell what it really looks like from a pic...

Archived