inTank Media Baskets

Nanobox light failure

renzema

My Nanobox hybrid light didn't power up the led's this morning. From simple testing I'm able to see that the bluefish mini controller has failed. Since nanobox is no longer in business, I'm assuming all owners have been tossed to the way side on support.

Does anyone know where to find a controller? can you replace a mini gen 1 with a mini gen 2?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, renzema said:

My Nanobox hybrid light didn't power up the led's this morning. From simple testing I'm able to see that the bluefish mini controller has failed. Since nanobox is no longer in business, I'm assuming all owners have been tossed to the way side on support.

Does anyone know where to find a controller? can you replace a mini gen 1 with a mini gen 2?

Thanks.

Yes, I had to swap mine out a while back. I think it was about $100 purchased from Steve's LEDs. 

Tom@HaslettMI

Also try (with the power off) ejecting the IMP card in the BlueFish controller and reinserting it.  I’ve had success doing that when things are acting weird.  

burtbollinger

waiting for my nanobox to fail so I can be "forced" to ditch it for a new Ecotech xr30 Blue. 

i think you can still order parts from the Nanobox website.  worth a try.

53 minutes ago, burtbollinger said:

waiting for my nanobox to fail so I can be "forced" to ditch it for a new Ecotech xr30 Blue. 

i think you can still order parts from the Nanobox website.  worth a try.

Been away for a while - that sucks nanobox is no more!!  Just earlier today I was looking for one of his bare arrays which I think he used to sell for like $30 or something - it was a good deal considering they were all close together.  The Lumia is nice but costs a lot more...  

Are the minis failing at a high rate or something lately?

The only place I can find that has any bluefish controllers is aquarium-led-controller.com. It looks like they are the manufacturer of the controller as far as I can tell.

Has anyone done business with them? I paid for one to be sent as soon as possible and their system sent me an invoice but after purchasing their support email comes back as non-deliverable.

SpencerShepard
22 hours ago, renzema said:

The only place I can find that has any bluefish controllers is aquarium-led-controller.com. It looks like they are the manufacturer of the controller as far as I can tell.

Has anyone done business with them? I paid for one to be sent as soon as possible and their system sent me an invoice but after purchasing their support email comes back as non-deliverable.

I've got your order here and it will ship for you tomorrow!  You should have tracking already.

• Like 2
On 1/29/2021 at 12:23 AM, ajmckay said:

Been away for a while - that sucks nanobox is no more!!  Just earlier today I was looking for one of his bare arrays which I think he used to sell for like $30 or something - it was a good deal considering they were all close together.  The Lumia is nice but costs a lot more...  

Are the minis failing at a high rate or something lately?

I have 4 bluefish mini and they all work. 

1 hour ago, SpencerShepard said:

I've got your order here and it will ship for you tomorrow!  You should have tracking already.

Thank you Spencer! I'll send you the bounce email I was getting.

Definitely taken a huge amount of stress off of me.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Kellie in CA

Anyone know what the expected lifespan is for the NanoBox lights?  I have a Duo that just hit 3 years.  Had a scare about 6 months ago, but luckily it was just a dead power source.  Cheap fix. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 2:05 PM, Kellie in CA said:

Anyone know what the expected lifespan is for the NanoBox lights?  I have a Duo that just hit 3 years.  Had a scare about 6 months ago, but luckily it was just a dead power source.  Cheap fix. 

Should last a long time if properly cooled and the fan doesn’t break and go unnoticed and if you keep the dust out regularly. 

Gosh I think my older arrays are 6 or 7 years now and still going. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Should last a long time if properly cooled and the fan doesn’t break and go unnoticed and if you keep the dust out regularly. 

I keep meaning to ask if anyone has a link to the instructions for cleaning out the dust in the units. 

Kellie in CA
12 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Wow, have you had to replace any parts?  

5 minutes ago, Kellie in CA said:

Wow, have you had to replace any parts?  

No but my oldest one is from a special order and on a larger heatsink and fanless because of it. Otherwise the parts are the same. 

I would just watch the fans on all units, when they die/slow down or get clogged with dust, overheating will kill the arrays. If a fan dies, you can splice in a new one.

• Like 1