SaltCritters.com

Clown thinks powerhead is an amusement park ride

rough eye

anybody else have a fish that does this? Clown gets in front of the powerhead, lets it push him all the way across the tank, and then takes a lap around to do it again. over and over.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, rough eye said:

anybody else have a fish that does this? Clown gets in front of the powerhead, lets it push him all the way across the tank, and then takes a lap around to do it again. over and over.

Clownfish are weird but more often than not it is a sign of disease such as velvet. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Clownfish are weird but more often than not it is a sign of disease such as velvet. 

thank you for your concern. he's only been in the tank since Dec 30, and he's so young (less than an inch) so i've been babying him and paying close attention to his health. at the beginning he developed some whitish swelling around the mouth, and had most of the front lower left fin missing. since then his face has cleared up and half of the fin has regrown. he's seemed timid and unsure of himself so i'm happy to see him out and about around the whole tank.

• Like 2

I've had some of my fish play in the powerhead flow. Not my clownfish but most of my wrasse and some of my blennys like a good ride. Have fun and enjoy the show. 

• Like 2
MainelyReefer

I added a gyre and for a majority of the day my clowns and tang are treating it like a treadmill or one of those endless pools.  Less catching the waves and more vigorously swimming into the current here.  7B967AC3-E825-4A96-AC89-A29F658E4653.thumb.jpeg.b99bc4455e75b507c66f596a61bf8ef7.jpeg

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

I added a gyre and for a majority of the day my clowns and tang are treating it like a treadmill or one of those endless pools.  Less catching the waves and more vigorously swimming into the current here.  7B967AC3-E825-4A96-AC89-A29F658E4653.thumb.jpeg.b99bc4455e75b507c66f596a61bf8ef7.jpeg

Whoa. Either that's one super tiny tang or that's one insanely large clownfish. :eek:

They look pretty, though. 😉

• Haha 2
MainelyReefer
On 1/25/2021 at 6:36 AM, Snow_Phoenix said:

Whoa. Either that's one super tiny tang or that's one insanely large clownfish. :eek:

They look pretty, though. 😉

Baby tang!(call the tang police he’s in a 50g lowboy:ninja: it’s 4ftx2ft atleast but only 9” deep lol) but the day after Hawaii closed their fishery for aquarium collection my LFS had a 20% off sale on all fish and had a few biota tangs in stock.  I figured he will grow for a year and then no one will have a larger size available for sale only babies and he will sell for more than the 79$ he cost.  Great fish so far

• Like 1