Innovative Marine Aquariums

Light setting for Hipergero aqua knight

James.L

Running 1 hipergero aquaknight over my fluval evo 5g.  Nothing fancy for coral just some hammers/frogspawn duncans and zoas,  and trying a monti cap.    Its hung roughly 5-6 inches above the water what would you guys set it at ?  😕  whites and blues power % i mean.

No description available.

Personally i always preferred higher blues to whites. My white never was higher than 15% and that was for 3 hrs, then 3 hrs at 10%, then dropped to 7% for 2 hrs before ramping to 0

Always start at 30-50% and slowly increase weekly.

I run mine on my Fluval 13 at 100% blues and 7clicks down from the whites. I like the color it gives. From a video I watched a guy runing these settings it was getting a par of 100 on the bottom of about 12" deep or so and  around 275 about 4" below the water.

I really like the color it gives at these settings

MainelyReefer

On my 2.5g I ran this light 6” above the water line and had blues set to 100% and white at 10-30% depending on your color preference.  If possible I would raise the light slightly until just before it creates light spill, then maybe run the whites higher anyway to compensate for lost intensity from the slightly raised height.(Sketchy advice... I bent my bracket to a 90 so any angle you wanted just bend into the upper and lower bracket while uninstalled to achieve a better height while not moving the light forward too much)  Cool scape BTW

also please show how you customized to allow the light bracket in peninsula format that’s neat

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

On my 2.5g I ran this light 6” above the water line and had blues set to 100% and white at 10-30% depending on your color preference.  If possible I would raise the light slightly until just before it creates light spill, then maybe run the whites higher anyway to compensate for lost intensity from the slightly raised height.(Sketchy advice... I bent my bracket to a 90 so any angle you wanted just bend into the upper and lower bracket while uninstalled to achieve a better height while not moving the light forward too much)  Cool scape BTW

also please show how you customized to allow the light bracket in peninsula format that’s neat

Thanks ! ouf,  wasnt much for customization i drilled new holes with a bit put different screws in that were tight and gorilla glued it incase.  worked perfect looks fine.    As for lights suprisingly i think i found the right setting for my softies which is like 20% whites and 60% white.   the monti isnt doing amazing but i already see new heads on the duncan and the frogspawn is looking swollen and extending beautifully.  I love this little tank my only  regret is the clown,  i think a yellow clown goby and pistol shrimp/blenny would have been a winner.

• 2 years later...
On 1/18/2021 at 1:13 PM, James.L said:

Running 1 hipergero aquaknight over my fluval evo 5g.  Nothing fancy for coral just some hammers/frogspawn duncans and zoas,  and trying a monti cap.    Its hung roughly 5-6 inches above the water what would you guys set it at ?  😕  whites and blues power % i mean.

No description available.

how did you mount the aqua sideways?