Coral Vue Hydros

Can I re-use freshwater tank for salt - any issues?

Jakesaw

I have a tank that is currently housing some FW tetras.   I'm considering using that tank and location for first SW tank, because I don't need to build a stand or reorganize for wallspace.  I've got dead rock, filter, and heater and tank.  

The Filter is new

Dead rock new

heater in FW tank

Tank - currently FW being used. 

Do I need to do anything specifically ( ammonia, bleach ) to re-purpose tank / heater for MARINE , or will bacteria just adapt, die off in new SW aquarium.  The heater probably has some residual algae hardened onto it.  

Thanks

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jakesaw said:

I have a tank that is currently housing some FW tetras.   I'm considering using that tank and location for first SW tank, because I don't need to build a stand or reorganize for wallspace.  I've got dead rock, filter, and heater and tank.  

The Filter is new

Dead rock new

heater in FW tank

Tank - currently FW being used. 

Do I need to do anything specifically ( ammonia, bleach ) to re-purpose tank / heater for MARINE , or will bacteria just adapt, die off in new SW aquarium.  The heater probably has some residual algae hardened onto it.  

Thanks

Just clean it up as best you can and it will be fine. 😊

• Like 1