Pod Your Reef

Sand blowing

MrMatt

I have a 13gallon AIO cube I have setup with everything but the rock which it should arrive soon (next day or two). I used Fiji Pink sand, about 1 inch. I Filled up the tank and turned everything on to make sure the temps would be good and everything would be functioning properly. The return pump from the back compartment is blowing the sand down to the glass in the front of the tank no matter how I angle it. I am also running a nero 3 random, high variance from 4%-13%. The nero has shifted the sand but nothing major. Should I want until my rock is in to see if that reduces the sand blowing, replace the substrate with a larger grain size, replace the pump in the back compartment or something else entirely?

Defo worth waiting for your rocks ..... not sure it will make a difference though 🤷‍♂️ maybe place a piece of rock onto the area that the sand has blown away from? Ps I’m not experienced with all this.... I have had wet rocks for almost a month 🤪

21 minutes ago, Sealybomb said:

Defo worth waiting for your rocks ..... not sure it will make a difference though 🤷‍♂️ maybe place a piece of rock onto the area that the sand has blown away from? Ps I’m not experienced with all this.... I have had wet rocks for almost a month 🤪

Agreed when the rock goes in it will be a bit different. 

• Like 1