Pod Your Reef

Lobophyllia placement

RoyalGramma001

RoyalGramma001

Hi everyone. I have a new link and I have it in mic tank on a rock because I have a current marine orbit that isn't powerful it is a little bit under the circulation pump so it isn't in high flow should it be ok there?large.E9AEBFBF-3771-48DA-A864-4366ABFEBFFF.jpeg.c6da09c62d90b6d49dbe7d6f62b35d6f.jpegit's on the far left it's the big coral

RoyalGramma001
3 hours ago, mcarroll said:

Looks good to me!

How many watts is your light?  (Or if you know, what PAR or lux have you measured with it?)

21 watts that's why it's high up

If it's 21 watts, then it's actually an Orbit Marine IC: 90º optics, so intensity will be higher and coverage will be a little more narrow compared with a plain Orbit.  

90º is convenient since it's easy to calculate the amount of spread:  Mounting height = radius of coverage provided.  

So if your tank is 12" wide on the skinny side, you'd want a 6" coverage radius. Therefore you'd want about a 6" mounting height.  (Other lens angles take more calculation than that.)

(If your tank is shallow, then you might be better off without the lenses and with the light placed directly on the rim of the tank.  You can do this with the IC too, but there will be some dim area at the top of the tank.)