Top Shelf Aquatics

AI Prime Vs Hydra

Mystichrome

I have an IM20 Peninsula -  I am considering adding a second light because there is some shadowing on the sides of my tank since its 2 feet long - would it be better to add another AI Prime or switch to 1 Hydra 32? Both scenarios will be a pain to mount it seamlessly so I'd rather go through the headache of getting a mount made once and be done. I guess the advantage of the Hydra is that I plan to upgrade tanks at some point - so ideally adding another Hydra would be nice to a bigger tank, as opposed to possibly buying even more AI Primes - or I could always just add 1 hydra in the future and have 2 primes on the sides. But mainly, for now, would the Hydra32 have enough spread over my IM20 Peninsula?

1 minute ago, Clown79 said:

Add another prime. Having 2 separate pucks allows you to spread out the light more.

That's what I'm thinking. Any suggestions on how I can mount it lol, I have a peninsula and I don't want to hang from the ceiling. Ideally I'm trying to figure out a way to make it look as clean and hidden cords as possible.

1 hour ago, Mystichrome said:

That's what I'm thinking. Any suggestions on how I can mount it lol, I have a peninsula and I don't want to hang from the ceiling. Ideally I'm trying to figure out a way to make it look as clean and hidden cords as possible.