inTank Media Baskets

my new 9 gal

boo_fanclub

then with the back blacked and hood in place, not convinced about the work i've done on the hood. might redesign and do it again. ive included a little fan too, thinking 108w might get a little warm in an enclosed space. there's only two bulbs at the mo, two 36w, one white one blue, two blue 18w still to come

el pez, if you mean "does it need bracing around the top?" then no, cause its relatively small and its got added strength from the refugium wall at the bak it should be sturdy enough without it, or so i'm told, have to wait and see.

the black back's done with a very thin piece of black acrylic siliconed in place, the shop where i got the clear acrylic wanted stupid amounts of money for black acrylic, jokers, this way worked out best, here's a photo of the tank while its cycling, set up tonight, the live rock's in place but it'll be built into structures this weekend, hopefully!

the spectrum of the lights is too yellow at the mo too, should be better with the other 36w of actinic, have to wait and see

bulge in the back was simply a bit of fun cause i fancied bending some acrylic really, no one else seems to have done it so i thought i'd play around, there's gonna be a mangrove seedling in the back so the bulge gives it a bit more room for the root ball also

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

good deal... i like the thought of mangroves... i've never used them, but the huge lfs around here has them in their sumps...

Nice lil tank. The bend in the acrylic looks dandy. :)

Is the whole set-up acrylic or is the tank made out of glass and what kind of lights are those?

Best regards

Ann

Archived