Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Types of coral for beggineers

peps_win

Zoas, mushrooms, and leathers are a good starting point that can give color and movement. Also clowns will sometimes host toadstool leathers (not a sure thing) but that’s always super cool to watch.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ReefCap said:

Zoas, mushrooms, and leathers are a good starting point that can give color and movement. Also clowns will sometimes host toadstool leathers (not a sure thing) but that’s always super cool to watch.

i was reading a little about types of leather corals - which varieties would you recommend that stay small or grow slowly for a small tank? i'm thinking possibly 2 zoa colonies and some sort of leather - maybe a colt or finger - as the first 3 to put in the evo13 before adding any fish.

Nothing stays small forever but leather can be easily trimmed/pruned with just a pair of scissors. I would recommend running carbon because the do release some toxins. In terms of which one to go for... honestly any are fine but you’ll find toadstools are the easiest to come by but there are some other cool ones like nephthia, devils hands, or yellow Fiji leathers too

• Like 1