inTank Media Baskets

Biocube 16 Filtration

TBone12

• 2 weeks later...
SugarWithcoffee&Cream

My bio cube 16 set up is only a couple months old and I’m struggling to figure out the same things. Right now I have cut a sponge that covers the stock rack ( filter floss works good there also - I might even go back to that.) I have some carbon, and some standard type ceramic rings in the rack. I have also put a small amount of chaeto in the first chamber with a little LED light. But that was only yesterday so we will see if that seems to help any. (Trying to stamp out some algae growth). I have ordered a super cheap “USB grow light” that may or may not be better when it arrives.

there don’t seem to be any decent skimmers on the market that will fit. The eshopps nano is on my “thinking about it” list as is perhaps a venture into a reactor setup (see  IM mini max reactor) with a hood mod, and am researching bio pellets or GFO to go in it. 
I am interested to know about the progression of your set up. I think it kind of depends on what you are trying to accomplish inside the display.

post some pics. Or I can add some pics of my set up so far.