Top Shelf Aquatics

Paly grandis with... blisters? Possibly from ricordea mushroom.

Tired

image3.jpg?width=472&height=630

My hermit crabs kept moving this poor frag into the ricordea near it. It would close up a bit in response. They knocked it directly onto the ricordea at one point, and when it opened up after I moved it, it looked like this. It's stayed like this for at least a month, possibly more, I didn't write down when it went weird. 

The blistered part looks slightly raised in all the little blister areas. I haven't touched it with anything, because I don't think I would learn anything about the blister texture unless I put my bare fingers on it. I'm not putting my bare hands on a paly grandis, thank you, I'm not that curious. 

Anyone ever see this sort of thing happen? I don't know for sure that the blistering was from the ricordea specifically, but I'm pretty sure it happened at the same time. 

Never seen that.

But I think it just looks like this:

image.png.f103102d2ab721273b822f0422040c26.png

So how long does it take to recover from getting your polyp-face beat in by a ricordea?  I'd bet weeks at least...scarring could be permanent.

• Haha 1

I wonder if it might be a similar thing to the bounce that some mushrooms get. Much less flashy, though.

I'll update in a month or so with what it's done, either way.