SaltCritters.com

Sold, thanks.

Tired

I have some Captain Jerks palys for sale. 12+ adult polyps and some buds. These are one of the more toxic species of paly (though, like all of 'em, perfectly safe if you're sensible about handling) and have fairly large polyps. The disc is about half an inch across, and they develop these really nice, long tentacles in indirect flow. The tentacles lengthen out really fast, too, within days of the flow changing. Some polyps develop small white flecks on the disc. 

The frag disc has a bit of gunk/algae collected among the polyps because it's been stashed in a low-flow area for awhile, but the polyps don't care. These have an anemone-like feeding response, very enthusiastic, when fed. The closed polyps are because I had just fed the colony to make them close up, so I could count them. Those are the ones that got the big mysis chunks. The frag disc is one of those 1 3/4" discs, and a chunk of the original frag plug is somewhere under there. 

Now, these are one of the faster-growing species. They're not as bad as some can be, but you'll probably want them to be at least somewhat isolated. 

$40? Or trade in a heartbeat for a couple Utter Chaos polyps. 

image1.jpg?width=472&height=630

This is my colony that I'm keeping, so you can see the tentacles. And also see some cyano I apparently need to remove, whoops. Pics aren't photoshopped, this is pretty much what I'm seeing in person. This photo is a little light due to the angle. There's an area of very high flow a few inches above this colony, so they're sort of... parallel to high flow, not in it, and that seems to be what makes these really nice tentacles. 

image2.jpg?width=472&height=630

I also have this favia. I got it free with an online order, so I'd feel weird selling it for money, but I don't want something with sweepers like these can have. Basic green favia, hard to get a nice pic in its current location as my phone camera doesn't like the light. This guy's free. Looks healthy to me. 2 polyps, an inch across or so. Nice feeding response, been giving it the occasional mysis. My lights aren't super bright, you should acclimate this gently. 

image0.jpg?width=472&height=630

I also have some white micro brittle stars. If you take either of these, I can catch a few brittles for you.

If you have a new tank and no coraline algae, I have a couple bits of stuff (empty frag plug, bit of rock) lying around with plenty of it, and you're welcome to that. 

I have no major pests in this tank. I'm having an algae outbreak (a big snail died and the algae loved the nutrients), but it's nothing that isn't present as spores in the average tank anyway. I don't have aiptasia or bryopsis. The only SPS that's ever been in this tank is a single captive-grown encrusting montipora that's doing well, so I don't have any hidden SPS bugs. Never had zoa pox, zoa-eating nudibranchs, or anything like them. Will gladly clean the gunk off the frag discs for you if you ask- the only place I could put these temporarily was in a really low-flow spot, so they have gunk. 

I will only be doing local pickup due to the holidays. After the holidays, I'd ship either coral, but won't ship the brittles- they don't handle it well. 

Pickup will be socially distanced, with me wearing a mask. If you don't want to wear a mask, that's fine, but I won't come within 20 feet of you if you don't. My family has health issues that make us particularly vulnerable to covid. I'm in Georgetown, and willing to drive a short distance if you buy the Jerks. I won't drive for the favia, sorry, you gotta come get the free coral.

• Like 1

I like 'em. I like the long tentacles they get in the right flow, and I have whiter lights on my tank, which they don't look half bad under. They aren't super flashy, but that's fine. They're an interesting visual texture that closes up entertainingly fast if you put food on it. And they're hemmed in by shadows and seaweed in my tank. 

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions