Top Shelf Aquatics

Lumini Pixie 30 light settings

DGibster

I bought a Pixie 30 as budget option for my 10 gallon cube and was wondering if anyone has any recommended settings for it. The tank is going to be a mixture softie/LPS, starting off with softies and transitioning to more LPS as the tank matures.

I am planning on posting my experiences with the light here as well. I noticed its not the most popular light, but it is less than half the cost of the alternative (AI Prime) and has decentish reviews on amazon. The light itself seems to be solidly built and is more than powerful enough to grow what I want to grow; in fact, given the PAR readings that I saw on another review it is more than capable of growing SPS if one needs it to. However, the remote controller leaves a lot to be desired, it must first be pointed at the power controller attached to the power cord and not the light itself, and the buttons only work half the time as well. There is also no way of telling what your current settings are without resetting the light back to 100%. The light does come with a one year warranty and customer service seemed fairly responsive to negative reviews on Amazon.