Pod Your Reef

Lighting and such suggestion par38 etc

thewire

Since I have narrowed down my choice of tank to IM Fusion 10. I am thinking about using AI Prime HD lighting. Question on how reliable the lighting is? How much it cost to repair the lighting? I hate to spend $200+ and  broke within a year and have to spend another $150 for repair.

Since I have been out for a while, is Par38 LED still a thing? I have not seen any sale

Par38 is still a thing but i don't know if people use them for tanks or only for growing algae (refugium).

I have an AI prime HD. Bought used three years ago and it's still going strong. You can control it from your phone, so it's good. For repairs costs - i couldn't tell you. I've never had an issue with mine. But, if i can recommend, have the tank somewhere where the wifi signal is reliable. I used to my old tank somewhere in a "weak wifi zone" in my basement and the AI prime would give me issues trying to connect to it.  

edit: also, an AI prime HD is more than you'll ever need for a 10g. You could do full SPS tank and it'd be more than adequate.

1 hour ago, paulsz said:

Par38 is still a thing but i don't know if people use them for tanks or only for growing algae (refugium).

I have an AI prime HD. Bought used three years ago and it's still going strong. You can control it from your phone, so it's good. For repairs costs - i couldn't tell you. I've never had an issue with mine. But, if i can recommend, have the tank somewhere where the wifi signal is reliable. I used to my old tank somewhere in a "weak wifi zone" in my basement and the AI prime would give me issues trying to connect to it.  

edit: also, an AI prime HD is more than you'll ever need for a 10g. You could do full SPS tank and it'd be more than adequate.

Thanks. Glad to hear on your AI experience. That's definitely my 1st choice. I used run 2 Par38 on my shallow tank and DIY on JBL