Coral Vue Hydros

Diary of a 10 gallon nano

FalsePerc

Hello all, new to this forum. I have been keeping a diary of my trials in aquiring and setting up a 10 gallon nano reef for some time on Reef Central, and, through the diary, people were able to give me suggestions and ideas, and help, that has been very useful to the course of this miniature reef. Many people on Reef Central have told me to come over here, as well, and to share my experiences to all of you Nano-Reef.com-ers. I am going to post a link to the Reef Central Diary, if you wish to follow it from the very beginning, but, from this moment on, I will update the two diaries (RC and Nano-Reef) side-by-side. I hope that this generates as much interest/advice as the RC diary.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=434141

had a look at your thread, good luck with it and have a search around here to see what other people have done, there are some awesome 10 gallon tanks on this site

Can you say Metal Halide Pendant over a 20 gallon extra high?

I sure can! At least now, anyway.

Today I realized something awful...the $35 that I was expecting to pay for the PC fixture is actually a quarter of the real price they sell it for. The $75 they told me was already discounted, the fixture's real price being $150. Now the Metal Halide Pendants they sell are $180 real price. With my discount, that would be $90, only $15 more then the PC. It seems completely logical that I go that way. After all, $15 is not a monumental sum of money. Now, though $90 is a lot more then the $35 I was expecting, I think i will take John (my employer) up on his offer to allow me to pay him back at my own pace.

As for the 20xh, it only seems logical to go with a bigger tank if i'm to run MH, so I am doing everything I can for permission for that tank. Besides, I was going to upgrade later on anyway...

More good news!

I am there! I have all of the money I need! I have permission to set the tank up!

That is, once I get my progress report, if it is good, I get to set up the tank. The reports were mailed 1 week ago, so I am anticipating it soon. I am so excited!

Archived