Innovative Marine Aquariums

Clownfish behaviour

TheIceberg

I have had a percula clown for about two weeks. He is small/young. Anyway, he has been swimming in the same spot (right front top of the tank) the whole time he has been in the tank. It is a 30 gallon, has good flow, is cycled, and has a cool reef structure that the clown refuses to go visit. It is pretty annoying that he refuses to go anywhere. Anything I can do?

i have had clowns that do that also. just give it some time. it might be just nervous in its new environment. try feeding it at opp. end of the tank. im sure once it gets very hungry itll start to migrate around. best of luck. if not ,

flush it in the toilet! just kidding :) as long as its eating, just give it some time.

sometimes clownfish do that, its probably most likely connected to their hosting behavior. I had fish that did the same. Theres not really anything you can do.

as long as it's eating it should be fine. mine didn't stray from his little corner until after ~3 weeks... i think once they get used to the tank they'll roam a little more. :)

Archived