inTank Media Baskets

IM Nuvo 10 Stand

Lepomis

Have been out of the hobby for a few years and have missed having various tanks throughout the house.  Decided to set up a few tanks this winter as still have a lot of new (but older) items I had stashed away.   I had purchased a Nuvo 10 tank and everything to set it up probably 3 to 4 years and has been collecting dust.   Last week decided to get moving on things    I needed a stand so figured a simple ADA style stand was in order.

Stand built with 3/4 birch ply edge banded with maple where visible.  Construction used rabbeted back, dado for the cabinet base, and top, front rail, and "kick plate" just butt joints.  Everything was glued and screwed (had full intention of just using pocket screws just didn't).  Adjustable shelf  and door with Euro style soft close hinges.  Interior sealed with several coats of polyurethane and exterior covered with mat black Formica.  Dimensions are the typical 12"L x 15" W x 36 " H.  Now need to figure out where to put it.

DSC_0547.JPG

DSC_0548.JPG

DSC_0549.JPG

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, ReefGoat said:

Nice work. Whats in that vivarium? 

Another one of those projects I intended to do a long time ago...dart frogs.  Set the tank up 3 weeks ago  but still in the works and need to add a few plants, get a top made with appropriate ventilation and misting system.  Currently waiting for stuff to grow in but have added isopods and springtails and just hand misting.   Haven't decided on frogs yet.

Ordering plants wasn't much different price wise than buying frags in the past.   Somewhere around 250 in plants currently. 

• Like 1

Nice I have dart frogs as well. Most of my collection died in the hurricane though (got too hot in house while we were evacuated). I couldn't take them all. I was only able to take 2 babies that I grew from tadpoles (tinctorious vanessa) it's the black and white ones. I lost a pair of tinctorious azureus and a pair of tinctorious oyapock. Right now the Vanessa's are in a Rubbermaid container and eating well. Ill have to buy all new stuff. But at least my Viv glass survived lol. Those things aren't cheap. I'm about to them up a small temporary viv until I get back into my house. 

1 hour ago, Lepomis said:

Another one of those projects I intended to do a long time ago...dart frogs.  Set the tank up 3 weeks ago  but still in the works and need to add a few plants, get a top made with appropriate ventilation and misting system.  Currently waiting for stuff to grow in but have added isopods and springtails and just hand misting.   Haven't decided on frogs yet.

Ordering plants wasn't much different price wise than buying frags in the past.   Somewhere around 250 in plants currently. 

You'd be surprised on not needing a misting system if you set it up right. In my exo terra (18" cubes") I added the glass lid which basically sealed it up and I only had to mist once a week. If I did it anymore than that it saturated the tank. I ended up having to have another lid cut to have a little slit In order to have some computer fans for air movement because my bromeliads didn't like being sealed up like that. 20200825_101656.thumb.jpg.510359d6e414ae0c3dbb53ac3b21730d.jpg

Setting up a dart frog vivarium and a reef tank at the same time seems super expensive. 

I've wanted to set up a dart frog vivarium for ages but never got around it to.  i don't want 20 tanks scattered through the house and I figure that's exactly what would happen with frogs. 

8 minutes ago, TatorTaco said:

Setting up a dart frog vivarium and a reef tank at the same time seems super expensive. 

I've wanted to set up a dart frog vivarium for ages but never got around it to.  i don't want 20 tanks scattered through the house and I figure that's exactly what would happen with frogs. 

The collection can grow quickly. Ill probably never have multiple vivarium again. 

5 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

It can get costly but much of the stuff was bought prior and definitely not high end stuff.  The reef tank will be kept simple but still easy to rack up some money for sure.