Coral Vue Hydros

Feather duster or?

Joshjp1999

Not sure what this thing is look like a feather duster but I don’t think it is help would be appreciated thank you 🙂

tried taking video won’t let me upload 

953E962F-82FD-42C2-80BD-1B8269B32084.jpeg

94FD40B9-F4B9-4BF0-82FA-D06B55AE2939.jpeg

73DC358B-BFA0-4C1D-B3A9-5F18A1CDB839.jpeg

16 minutes ago, seabass said:

May be a barnacle.  Does it sweep the water?

Videos need to be uploaded to something like YouTube.  Then you can link them here.

Uploaded video bad quality tho camera wouldn’t focus 

Yep, pretty sure that's a barnacle.  It shouldn't be a problem, and it's kind of neat to watch.  But it'll probably just disappear unless you are supplementing food for filter feeders.

Barnacles.gif

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, seabass said:

Yep, pretty sure that's a barnacle.  It shouldn't be a problem, and it's kind of neat to watch.  But it'll probably just disappear unless you are supplementing food for filter feeders.

Barnacles.gif

Thanks man yeah def a barnacle 100% pretty cool tho harmless filter feeder should help the tank if anything I’m sure he’s been eating up the reef roids I target feed my coral 

• Like 1

That's a barnacle, yeah. You can tell because of the grabbing motion. Believe it or not, they're crustaceans, more closely related to crabs and lobsters than to worms. 

• Like 1