Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

6 line wrasse acting weird

RoyalGramma001

RoyalGramma001

Hey everyone I got a 6 line wrasse yesterday and noticed in the morning he had 3 reddish spots but I researched and it is from a sting and the tank I bought him from at the lfs had 3 huge anemones. I just noticed after watching him for several hours he just went between a coral and a rock and started doing a circle around the rock kind of like a dog trying to find a comfy spot on the dog bed. Is this because of his stings and they itch or is it something's bad. Do I need a treatment or should I monitor how he is?

RoyalGramma001

He is also hiding upright behind the circulation pump is he just agitated about the sting from the anemones, does he have flukes, ich, or is he stressed from the clownfish and new tank?

Or is it normal behavior?

They usually prefer to sleep in a rock at night (inside their mucus cocoon), but he might still be getting his bearings in your tank.

Have you noticed any other fish going after him?

RoyalGramma001
1 hour ago, Humblefish said:

They usually prefer to sleep in a rock at night (inside their mucus cocoon), but he might still be getting his bearings in your tank.

Have you noticed any other fish going after him?

Tomato clownfish being territorial but the wrasse holds his own. Clownfish is not biting but is just flaring his fins. The wrasse I've heard will get picked on for a little but once it is established they will be pretty dominant, is that true?

15 hours ago, RoyalGramma001 said:

Tomato clownfish being territorial but the wrasse holds his own. Clownfish is not biting but is just flaring his fins. The wrasse I've heard will get picked on for a little but once it is established they will be pretty dominant, is that true?

The can become aggressive (especially towards other wrasses) when large.

RoyalGramma001
7 minutes ago, Humblefish said:

The can become aggressive (especially towards other wrasses) when large.

She's not to large I just rearranged the aquascape to stop aggressiveness also did huge water change and lfs said that when they move fast against a rock they are claiming their territory.